Working 9-5 can be exhausting, especially if your employees have to spend it at a desk in front of a computer. But with an office break room specifically designed to help them relax and recharge, they can come back rejuvenated and ready to tackle the rest of their workday. Here are four office break room ideas that will turn your dull workplace into a happy, productive environment.
What Is A Break Room?
An office break room is a designated space in the workplace where employees can take a break from their work. It’s a place to unwind, socialise with coworkers, and recharge before heading back to work.
What Are The Benefits Of An Office Break Room?
A break room offers plenty of benefits to employees and the company.
Here are just a few of them:
- Increased productivity: Giving employees a space to take a break and recharge can actually increase their productivity. Studies have shown that taking regular breaks can help reduce stress, prevent burnout, and improve overall well-being.
- Better work-life balance: With a designated break room, employees are less likely to eat at their desks or stay in the office during their lunch break. This allows them to disconnect from work and properly balance work and personal life.
- Improved employee morale: A well-designed break room can boost employee morale and make them feel appreciated by the company. It also promotes a sense of community and encourages employees to interact with each other in a more relaxed environment.
Now that you know the benefits, let’s dive into some office break room ideas.
Cosy Lounge Area:
When thinking of a lounge area, think of comfortable seating like couches, bean bags or even hammocks. This is a perfect spot for employees to relax, read a book, or have casual conversations with coworkers. To make it even more inviting, add some plants and artwork to liven up the space.
Having a designated dining area is essential for employees who want to enjoy their meals without being confined to their desks. For office break room tables and chairs, view these designs that we have at S&J Office Furniture:
- Kai Table With Ivy Stools and Ivy Bench
- Leo Table With Ivy Stools
- Nexus Break-Away Table
- Kai Table Low
Foosball, ping-pong, or a mini basketball hoop are all great options to add to your break room. Not only do they provide some physical activity, but they also encourage friendly competition and team building among employees.
For employees who want time alone or need to make a private phone call, a privacy pod is the perfect quiet room solution. These pods are small, soundproof rooms that provide a quiet space for employees to recharge and have some privacy.
Turn Your Workplace Into a Happy Place!
Turn a 9-5 workday into a more enjoyable experience for your employees with these office break room ideas. For any office break room furniture, contact us at S&J Office Furniture.